Adjusting horizontal sliding vents
- Remove vent stop.
- Make sure to open the vent past the anti‐lift clip.
- Using both hands, one on the left and the other on the right grabbing the vent 2/3rds of the way down lift the vent up until it stops and tilt the bottom out past the vent channel and bring it down until the top of the vent clears the vent channel at the head.
- Place the vent on the ground somewhere stable so it will not fall over or get damaged with the wheels face up.
- The window roller housing has a lot of adjustment, using a flathead screwdriver or a key go
under the wheel and wedge one wheel out and move to a slot of a different depth depending on your needs and press the wheel down in to a locked position.
- Repeat the process as necessary.
Lubricating horizontal sliding windows
- Using a white candle slide across the window sill track.
- Using a candle lubricate the interior rib of the main frame.
- Silicone spray is an acceptable form of window lubrication under the following conditions.
Cleaning weep holes on a single hung
- With the vent open use the wand on a vacuum hose remove any small particles or debris.
- If there is any construction debris, stucco drywall or matted down saw dust you may need to use a screw driver to dislodge any debris from obstructing drainage.
- Visually confirm the internal weep hole is clear.
- After removing the insect screen place the vacuum hose over the external weep holes. Listen for any loud sounds of debris going through the hose and continue until the drainage system is clear to operate as designed.